Indoor allergies? Pet dander? Dust mite allergies? Here are tips that could help!
- Pet dander is a sticky protein, it will stick to clothes, walls, floors, anything! It becomes airborne when you move around and can transfer to other rooms. Spray your whole home, not just the main rooms.
- Since pet dander can stay active for up to 30+ weeks, spraying more often would be ideal. I have some customers who have such severe allergies they need to spray every day.
- Change the air filter. When getting an air filter, go for a MERV 10 or higher rated filter. If your home is older you might not want to go above a 8 since it could put extra strain on the system. You can also spray the product on the air filter weekly.
- When spraying the carpet, always colorfast test the product in an inconspicuous area first. Vacuum and then spray the product both in the air and on the carpeting.
- A safe space. Make the bedroom a "safe place" with no pets allowed. Remember pet dander can stick to clothes so changing into clean, pet dander free clothes before going into the room can help control allergens.
- Invest in a dehumidifier to keep relative humidity below 50%
- Try dust mite proof bedding and pillow covers
- You can use the Allergen Spray on your bedding, furniture, and curtains
- Vacuum often using a HEPA filter. Spray the product in the air and on the carpeting after vacuuming.
- Use the Allergen Spray directly on the mattress.
- Spray on all soft surfaces, couches, pillows, bedding, etc.
- Spray your sofa, curtains, pillow and most soft surfaces regularly at least 3 times a week.
- Vacuum your carpet and spray the product after in the air and on the carpet. Vacuuming can release some allergens back into the air so it's important to spray the air after.
- Invest in a good MERV 10 or higher rated air filters and change it regularly. If you have an older home going above an 8 might put extra strain on the system.
- Avoid cleaning products that contains fragrances or essential oils as those could be an irritants to lung sensitive individuals.
- Spray the product on a clean cloth and wipe down all hard surfaces, baseboards, side tables, under your couch, under your bed, etc.
- Spray your air filter with the Allergen Spray 3x a week or as needed
- Wear a face mask when cleaning as dust can contain other allergens
Always colorfast test the product first before applying to any surface. Avoid sensitive materials like silk, leather and untreated wood.